Below are two of the questions that were in this particular assignment:
Write a list of some philosophical points that you would pass along to someone taking your place in that ministry. Give things that one should remember when working in that ministry. You are basically writing declarative statements about your philosophy of ministry as it relates to the area in which you worked.
• Always remember that it is not about you but it is all about Jesus.
• Never depend upon your own understanding, always consult God’s Word.
• If you do not pray diligently, God will drive you to your knees and it isn’t always easy.
• You never have to “get up” a sermon as long as you preach the Bible.
• Expository preaching should take precedence over all other forms of preaching.
• Just taking prayer requests is not the same thing as praying. You must actually pray for the requests that have been made.
• Surround yourself with good, like-minded pastors. This will help you in times of discouragement, in which there will be many.
• Just because God called you to preach or pastor doesn’t mean you won’t have trials. Trials are what makes you and refines you into the man of God that He wants you to be.
• Don’t ever be so conceited to think that you are the only conduit the Lord can use in a service. He can use any means he wants, either through music, testimonies, or just through the spoken Scripture.
Provide a list that gives some practical points that you would want to pass along to someone taking your place in that ministry. These may be simple things that you learned by experience (mistakes or successes) that would help someone who would take your place to learn from your experience.
• If at all possible, be the first one at the church to prepare for the service.
• If you use notes, arrange them in such a way that they are not noticed.
• Give others such as the pianists, or song leader, clear verbal cues.
• Always start on time and don’t needlessly drag out a service.
• Never apologize for preaching the truth from God’s Word.
• If you make a mistake, always be man enough to admit it, don’t try to hide it.
• Don’t try to “work up” a service with false spirituality or fervency. Always worship in Spirit and in Truth.
• Always maintain a professional, yet spiritual and friendly demeanor.
I pray that the above helps you in your ministry